This is how the contest in Myworkout GO works 👇
1. How do I join the contest?
There are two ways for you to join the contest:
✅ You receive an invitation from your team captain to the team.
✅ You find a link to your team on the information platform you learnt about the contest in the first place.
Using any of these options 👆allows you to download Myworkout Go if you do not already have it installed. If the app already is installed, it will open when clicking the links.
Accept that your user in the app Myworkout Go connects to the team and the contest. Locate your team in the apps contest icon on the bottom of the app. Nothing there? Follow the link once more and contact email@example.com if this does not work.
2. We have had a contest before, but will love to go for one more!
Even if you are joining the new contest with the same team as previously, a new contest means new links. The prosess goes back to the top 👆 Get a new invite/ find a new link to your team in the new contest.
3. How is the contest set up?
During this period, all participants get divided into teams that do their part to collect activity points. The contest consists of weekly matches that your team can win.🏅Every Sunday at midnight (Norwegian time); we will sum up the team points, and chose a weekly winner. Training sessions that are not saved by Sunday this week will not count. The points are then reset, and a new weekly match starts. The winner of the training period is finally chosen based on the best average ranking in all the weekly contests. 🏆 The period begins: (We agree) and ends: (recommended duration 4 to 10 weeks)
4. How do I collect points in the competition with the job?
- You get points for each training session that you register in the Myworkout GO app. You can do this in the following ways:
- You can use the Myworkout GO app to complete workouts.
- You can re-register workouts in the Myworkout GO app.
- For the scoreboard to keep up to date during the week, you will only receive points in the competition if the session is registered within 24 hours after the exercise was performed.
- You can connect to your Garmin, Fitbit and Polar account so that these workouts automatically syncs to your Myworkout account.
Are you on a team with fewer participants than competing teams? Do not worry; we add equalization points based on how many fewer members the team has. These are referred to as “handicap points”.
If you are up for even more gaming in the contest we can switch the handicap points off. This will make it even more important that all players stay active and/or gather more players to their team.
5. How are the points calculated?
You get 1 point per active minute registered in Myworkout GO. For you to progress well, you must train at a high enough intensity, long enough for the heart to receive effective training. This is called HIT (High intensity training). For these minutes you will get HIT-points 🤩 We know that 4×4 intervals achieve this, so you get 4 points for every minute of the intervals in a 4×4 session registered with Myworkout GO. If you do not want to train 4×4, but still want to train with high intensity, you will get 4 points for every HIT minute you register in the activity tracker.
There is an upper limit of points per participant per day. What the upper limit is for the contest you are joining, you can read in the contest rules always available in the actual contest in the app.
6. What can I register as training?
All activity can be registered. If the category for the training you have completed is missing, you can either use the activity meter function or post-register.
As a rule of thumb, you should only register activities that make you so sweaty that you would typically have worn exercise clothes. But if you have something that prevents you from usually performing, such as a sore knee or back pain, then register the training you can do.
Good luck and may the smartest player win 😉