Last revision: 04.02.2019.
Myworkout GO is a service that consists of web and mobile applications and is a product of Myworkout AS (org No. 912 663 272), a company located in Trondheim, Norway.
Any revisions to its provisions will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
If you have any questions about this document, please contact us at email@example.com.
Myworkout AS is the controller of the personal data you provide when using our services. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information we receive or collect from the usage of our services.
We ask for and use your personal information only to provide you with the full functionality of the services as well as improving them. By using the services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- We store information both that you provide and which are collected while the apps are in use.
- We process this information in order to provide you estimations about your physical condition and performance.
- We share some of this information with our sub-processors to improve our products, for analytics purposes and to provide you with support.
- If you choose to connect your account to an organisation (for instance your employer or your gym) we will inform you and ask for your consent to share some of your data with the organisation.
- Beyond that we will not share, publish, sell or otherwise hand over any information connected to your account to any third parties unless you expressly tell us to.
- We do not permit our third-party service providers to use the information we share with them for any other purpose than what is strictly necessary for the services they provide us.
What information we collect and why
Basic account information
- Name, email, phone number and password: This information is necessary to identify and secure your account and to provide you with access to our services.
- Gender: We need to know your gender in order to provide estimations regarding your physical fitness.
- Heart rate data: If you choose to use a heart rate monitor, we will collect and store heart rate data during activities to estimate max heart rate, provide statistics and evaluate your activities.
- Max heart rate: We will store your max heart rate if you provide it or if it is estimated by the app. We use it to guide your intensity during workouts and as a basis to evaluate your activities.
- Maximum oxygen consumption: The app can estimate your maximum oxygen consumption which is used to look up your biological age, to provide statistics and to evaluate your activities.
- Biological age: Biological age is used as a reference to your physical fitness and to provide statistics.
- Body weight: Body weight is used together with watt to estimate maximum oxygen consumption when using certain types of exercise equipment and might be used to provide statistics.
- Location data: During activities we track your location in order to provide the basic functions of the service such as calculation distance, speed, incline and displaying your route on a map.
- Device information: Certain actions taken in the app such as logging in, starting an activity and upgrading to premium will trigger collection of information about your device. This include such things as device type and model, battery saving settings and software version. We do this to improve our products and to be better able to help with support requests from our users.
- Technical information: When you access our web sites or use our products, your device will provide us with technical information such as device, network and analytics information.
- We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our web based products. This data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- We may use third party services such as (but not limited to) Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
- We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information. This use is limited to what is permissible by law and what you have consented to while using our services.
- Cookies are small amounts of data, that may include an anonymous unique identifier, which are stored on your device.
- We only retain your personal information as long as it is needed to provide the services that are outlined within this document.
- We may retain information longer if required by law.
- We will delete or anonymise your data when we no longer have a legitimate need for it. For instance when you choose to delete your Myworkout account.
- If deletion is not possible, for instance if the data is stored in a backup archive, we will secure and isolate it until deletion is possible.
How we share and disclose information to third-parties
Third party data processors
Below you will find a list of third-party data processors we have an agreement with. Any transfer of personal data out of the EEA is done in accordance with the Privacy Shield framework.
- Mailchimp is used to send information by email to our existing users.
- Mixpanel is used for product and usage analysis to help us improve out products and troubleshooting customer support issues.
- Slack is used for internal communication in Myworkout AS.
- Firebase is used for technical analysis, usage analysis, testing new features and communication with our users.
- Zendesk is used to handle customer support requests.
- Google Analytics is used to analyse internet traffic.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is used as technical infrastructure for our services.
- You could be invited to join an organisation which in turn could trigger sharing of your data. We will in each case inform you about which data is being shared and ask for your consent.
- If your account is connected to an organisation which you no longer want to share data with, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
Access and portability
- The majority of the information we store about you is accessible through our services.
- If you need additional access or want your data transferred, send a request to email@example.com.
Rectification, erasure and restricted processing
- You have the right to get your Myworkout account deleted. We will then delete or anonymise your data when there is no longer any legal or contractual obligations keeping us from doing so.
- You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored in your Myworkout account rectified.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of the data stored in your Myworkout account. The data will then be made inaccessible until you tell us to resume the processing.
- Requests concerning rectification, erasure and restricted processing can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection officer
Requests concerning privacy can be directed to Myworkout’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Exercise intensity guidance
Myworkout GO may guide you to increase or decrease your workout intensity. This guidance is to be viewed as a suggestion and nothing more. You should always listen to your own body first and adjust accordingly.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. Though we strive to conform to industry standards in regard to protecting your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Transmitting information over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. Doing so is at your own risk.
- In the event of a security breach Myworkout AS will notify our users within 72 hours of becoming aware of it.
Account and subscriptions
This service is restricted to persons who are 13 years old or of such higher age as is required by your country of residence.
- Free subscription: Creating an Myworkout account and subscribing to Myworkout GO’s non-premium features are free of charge.
- Premium subscription: You may upgrade to a paid premium subscription and get access all the features of Myworkout GO. The subscription will renew it self at the end of its time period and can be cancelled at any time by visiting the subscription section of your device’s store. The cancellation will be in effect when the current period is over.
- Free trial: You may be offered a free trial when you upgrade to a premium subscription. If so, you will not be charged until the trial is over and not at all if you cancel the subscription before the trial ends.
- Premium though organisation affiliation: You might be invited to connect your account to an organisation and get premium for free, which will be in effect as long as the connection is active. If so, then you are responsible to cancel any additional paid premium subscription you might have.
- By paying for a premium subscription on Myworkout GO, the purchase, payment and transaction It is handled by Apple through the App Store for iOS devices and by Google through the Play Store for Android devices. Myworkout does not have access to the card information used in these transactions.
- Any commercial music reproduced in our services are done with permission from TONO. Unauthorised conveyance and copying is illegal.
- Myworkout AS may terminate or suspend your membership for the breach or suspected breach of the terms outlined in this document.
- Myworkout AS reserves the right to block any accounts on suspicion of harmful behaviour.
- We reserve the right to withhold access to our services on suspicion of fraud.
Disclaimer of warranties and liability
- Myworkout GO and its content is offered “as is” without any warranty and might not be accurate and complete in all respects.
- None of the information or content in Myworkout GO should be taken as medical advice. Always consult your physician or other medical professionals in questions about your physical health.
- Myworkout AS will not assume any liability in connection with your athletic activities or any health problems, physical injury or property damage that occurs while using our services.
- Myworkout GO is subject to and should not be held liable for service outages caused by circumstances out of our control. These include, but are not limited to, technical issues, infrastructure failure and sabotage.
- Use of our services and the content associated with them are done at your own risk. Myworkout AS is not to be held liable for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use of our services. This does not apply if Myworkout AS has been grossly negligent or has intentionally inflicted harm. In such case you will be refunded an amount limited to the amount you have paid to Myworkout AS for your use of the service.